This is a new year with all kinds of promise, yet as I enter the second week I’m already amazed at how my calendar is filled with the usual boring stuff. You know this kind of thing:
1. Reorganize recycling bins in garage.
2. Check rain gutter for leaks.
3. Return giant stuffed Panda to Toys(backwardR)Us.
At the bottom of January I do have, “Edit That #!@** manuscript,” but I can’t remember which one I meant at the time.
And here I wanted to start 2012 with balloons and confetti and parades and maybe a touch of glamour. Maybe it’s not too late. What do you think? And what kind of glam thing should I choose? Here’s what I’ve thought might put some zip into that list of mine.
1. Buy a plane ticket to ___________(fill in the blank).
2. Sign up for Zumba.
3. Buy a new Jaguar for a road trip across the U.S.
4. Take that scuba gear and explore the Mariana Trench–not too deep, okay?
5. Go to Hollywood and get a job as a movie extra. Maybe I could meet Andy Garcia. That’s kind of glam.
Does any of that sound like a good idea. I could still squeeze in tidying up the recycling bins and that other stuff. Not sure about editing, however.
What would you do if you were out to add a bit of sparkle to your new year before it became your old one?