The other day when SAMANTHA MAY, our exceptional college blogger, awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award, I started thinking about why these tokens are important and how bloggers who receive them can make the most from them.
Why bother getting and giving AWARDS?
They show an appreciation for each other.
They often encourage us share more about ourselves that is fun and interesting and build stronger connections.
They give us a chance to create a backlink to a blogger and backlinks are important to optimize web visibility. READ MORE ABOUT THE IMPORTANCE OF BACKLINKS.
What should you do to get the most out your AWARD?
I like to thank the blogger who has passed the award to me, so I leave that in a comment.
I also try to post about the award as soon as possible.
I notify the blogger when the post goes live and send them a permalink.
I always backlink to them.
I pass the Award on.
So here’s my VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD response. This is hard part, but here I go with
7 things about me!
1. I hate talking on telephones. Really.
2. I’m a shower singer. It’s the only place I sound good.
3. I’m not a party animal.
4. I tend to be the hermity type.
5. I wanted to be an actress–kind of at odds with being hermity, isn’t it?
6. I also wanted to be an archaeologist, but that was when I was ten and before I understood I’d have to go into tombs.
7. I’ve created a special AWARD for Gary Pennick. It’s the SADOTY. See below.
Thanks Samantha and I’d like to pass this on to MARCIA HOEHNE. This is a different version from the one you have, Marcia.
This is a special NON-AWARD for a select few–probably only one blogger actually. But the first in a very short line to receive this NON-AWARD is The Man Challenging His Inner Critic. Will he dare step up to snag this NON-AWARD? Will he be able to embrace the true meaning of SADOTY (Super Award Dodger Of The Year)? If he does either, there are RULES to follow:
1. He must never pass it on.
2. He must never reveal ANYTHING about himself. Penalties are heavy if he does.
3. No Linkbacks are allowed. Ever.
4. It self-destructs almost immediately after being claimed. Stand back.
(My apologies to Penny for the cat, but it seemed appropriate for this NON-AWARD.)