|Albert Wisecat seen here with his chief consort, Mitzi French in a more relaxed moment.|
Albert Wisecat refuses to back down in his demands for a complete rewrite of Alligators Overhead. He went on record as saying, “Either she does a rewrite or we continue in our demands for this book to be banned.”
|Champion of the Undercat might be amenable to author’s tuna offer.|
The author, C. Lee McKenzie is holding her ground and refusing to bow to the pressure. “I’ve featured cats in both of my previous books. It’s time for a change. I will not give in to their demands.” She did offer to ease their pain and suffering by donating a case of dolphin safe tuna to the next Feline Familiar Conference. Champion of the Under Cat, aka Sly, agreed to take the offer to his constituents.
Meanwhile, the author is continuing in her book launch. She optimistically stated, “I’m sure the Feline Familiars will come to their senses and agree to stop this protest.”
In an effort to overcome the mounting negative publicity, C. Lee Mckenzie is posting helpful hints on things she learned while preparing to launch this most recent and most controversial book.
“One thing about doing a book launch is you learn a lot and meet a lot of people who are willing to help you out. Here are a few things I’ve learned,” she said during our interview.
- Ask for “help-advice”when you need it.
- Listen and take any ‘help-advice” from those who are successful launching their books.
- Don’t rush. You’re going to make a lot of mistakes anyway and rushing only increases the number of mistakes.
- Organize your hop or your tour or your whatever. Linky is a good way to do that. It collects all the participants and their contact information in one place.
- Have all your links and your posts as complete as possible, so you don’t have to send additional information later. I know I like setting my posts up ahead of schedule, so it saves time if I only have to do that once for each post.
- Remember, this is a network, so help others when they need it.
- Once your guest post is up, visit that page, tweet, post the link on fb and respond to the comments. That interaction helps you and your host. It widens your network of bloggers and readers.
- Above all, enjoy the beejeebers out this event.