- Decide who your reader’s going to be.
- Find other books that are written for that group and see if they’re the kind of book you’re considering writing.
- Go to a bookstore and find the shelf where you think your book will fit.
- Read the blurbs and the jacket flaps.
- Find out who publishes the books that are most similar to yours.
- Go home and write. . .a lot.
What did I leave out?
I never post on TUESDAY, but I will tomorrow to celebrate The International Blog Hop. You don’t want to miss my lip-licking recipe. Trust me.