Death has made its appearance among the McKenzie clan, so I have to take a break. We all times that try us, and this is mine.
I took the weekend off. Well, kind of. My kids wanted to take me out to brunch for Mother’s Day. I said, “No. Come here. I like my cooking better than the X or Y or even Z restaurant.” So, of course, I got my wish.
We remembered all those other Mother’s Days when Grandma Willie or Grandma Mimi were with us. We promised to have a big family reunion like the ones we used to have at Russian River. And then…the dishes.
I’d forgotten the aftermath. Fortunately, my husband’s a trooper, and we shouldered through the Happy Mother’s Day clean-up. Of course, I totally forgot I was an author launching a book this week, and when I pulled up my blog to “check” what I’d prepared for Monday…NOTHING!
Being a mom takes priority. Being an author is a very close second. So here’s my blog for the week. Buy my book. I don’t care which one, just pick a book. BUT the newest one is dazzling. Well, almost dazzling. It’s fun, and I enjoyed writing it. Sometimes.
All my books are available online.
Some Very Messy Medieval Magic is available at these locations.
Print ISBN 9781939844460 / EBook ISBN 9781939844477
Order through Ingram, Follett, or from the publisher
EBook available in all formats
If you’d like to have a copy in your local library, please use this FORM and request the book.
Quote of the Week: “I’ve a grand memory for forgetting.” Robert Louis Stevenson
These few months have had more highs and lows than I can ever remember.
- I went to France with friends and saw castles that were like the ones in my newest book! HI
- I was accepted into the Tick Tock A Stitch in Crime anthology HI
- My husband became very ill. LOW.
- Dancing Lemur Press took on my middle-grade novel, Some Very Messy Medieval Magic HI
- My computer crashed. LOW.
- Even with backup, I could only restore some data, not all. Medium.
- My husband had surgery. LOW
- My husband finished Chemo Therapy and is on the mend. HI
- I attended the London Book Fair (virtually via ALLI) HI
- Tick Tock A Stitch in Crime launches tomorrow! HI ANXIETY
- Some Very Messy Medieval Magic (SVMMM) launches May 15! HIGHER ANXIETY
I’m ready for a touch of doldrums. These choppy seas are getting to me.
In the meantime here’s my gratitude for all who’ve signed on to help with SVMMM. Once I’m back up to full speed, I hope these authors will accept my invitation to be FEATURED on my blog. I’ll be putting out that call again soon.
If you want a GIFT and my behind the scenes NEWS, sign on for my Email Connect. I invade your inbox two times a month, sometimes only one. I often have more giveaways and what I hope is helpful information for writers and readers.
Quote of the Week: “Human beings can get used to virtually anything, given plenty of time and no choice in the matter whatsoever.” British Novelist, Tom Holt